WFTCCS Code of Ethics
This code is presented as a guide for all members of The Wire Fox Terrier Club Of The Central States to use when buying, selling, or exhibiting Wire Fox Terriers.Violations of this Code Of Ethics will be subject of review of membership eligibility.
- Agree to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of The Wire Fox Terrier Club Of The Central States and the rules of The American Kennel Club.
- Agree to keep accurate breeding records, registration papers, and pedigrees.
- Support and conduct only ethical trade practices.
a. Agree to maintain a professional attitude where all sales and service arrangements shall be mutually agreed upon, stated in writing and signed by all participants.
b. All buyers should receive a record of shots, wormings, pedigree, and AKC transfer documents unless a written agreement is made at time of sale or placement that “papers” are withheld.
- All advertising shall be factual, informative, and free of fraudulent or misleading statements or opinions.
- Maintain the highest standards of canine health, cleanliness, and care within available resources. As a minimum standard, each animal will be cared for in a safe, clean, and vermin free shelter, run, or yard with access to sufficient, clean waterand adequatefood.
- No breeding will be conducted for commercial purposes. All bitches will be bred with the intention of the litter improving the Breed. A breeder has the obligation of assuring a safe and healthy home of each puppy produced.
- Honestly evaluate the quality of any dogs sold to or placed, and fairly represent the evaluation as opinion.
- Obviously inferior animals should be neutered, or, if an animal is seriously deformed, it should be destroyed.
- Observe a high standard of sportsmanship, goodwill, and friendship at shows, trials, and meeting. Assist newcomers and guests to instill the rich traditions of the Club and theBreed.
- Participate in Club functions whenever possible, and represent the Club’s purpose in all canine activities.